Several changes have been made to the ground floor of the building and how the council operates to ensure your safety and the safety of staff. These include:
- Health and safety measures will be implemented: essential signage, hand sanitising stations, perspex screens, deep cleaning and other necessary arrangements.
- Face coverings must be worn by staff and customers (except those who are exempt)
- You will have to sanitise your hands on entering and exiting the building and officers will sanitise surfaces after every visitor.
- A one-way system will be in place to ensure social distancing.
- The front / inwards entrance will be the door located near the Watford War Memorial and Library. The back / outwards entrance will be via the Town Hall Car Park. People who use wheelchairs can use the back entrance upon request.
- There will be no self-service computers
There are 6 county councillors for the Watford area. Follow the links below to find the names of your councillors and access to their contact details.
|County division||County councillor||Political group|
|North Watford||Asif Khan||Labour|
|Central Oxhey||Stephen Giles-Medhurst||Liberal Democrat|
|Meriden Tudor||Stephen Cavinder||Liberal Democrat|
|Nascot Park||Mark Watkin||Liberal Democrat|
|West Watford||Nigel Bell||Labour|
|Woodside Stanborough||Tim Williams||Liberal Democrat|
County Councillors Asif Khan, Stephen Cavinder, Mark Watkin, Nigel Bell and Tim Williams are also Watford Borough councillors.
- There are three Councillors for each of the 12 wards within Watford.
- The Mayor is elected by all residents within the Borough.
- Dean Russell is the elected Conservative MP for Watford.